female:pressure crowd funding campaign – Support now!
What is this project all about?
We ask for a new awareness, an attitude that makes clear that a lack of diversity is uninspiring and in no case could claim to be visionary. There is no excuse for the prevalent lack of visibility of a diverse range of competent and exciting artists. Festival line-ups need to be aiming for a more representative female-to-male artist ratio, thereby reflecting the population they hope to serve more closely.
We are working to change this situation by bringing our database into live active network, where we can raise new carrier possibilities.
What is the project goal and who is the project for?
Our aim is to promote equality on electronic music scene and to improve the awareness of bookers, club owners, labels and artists themselves.
For example, running our social blogs, networking websites and social media promotion. Showcases and panel discussion in cooperation with networks as Soundcloud. We are working continually on the better visibility of female artists. Through these activities, we want to awake more sensitivity of society.
Why would you support this project?
- We are setting an example by taking a live action in today’s world. We want to change the paradigm about non equality of women in our society.
- Please take a part at this change!
- Help us to spread the positive voice over the world!
How will we use the money if the project is successfully funded?
- promote female artists
- keep maintain our database
- organize meetings, events, panels talk and discussions
- finance our study, which was done voluntary since 2012
- hold workshops
- prepare showcases and concerts
Who are the people behind the project?
Aiko Okamoto / Mo
Debbie Lo / Aschka
Lenka Kocisova / Akkamiau
Maya Consuelo Sternel / Donna Maya